- Acacia honey is very sweet, pure and clean.
- Alfalfa honey is light with a hint of spice and has a floral aroma.
- Blueberry honey is fruity and somewhat tangy.
- Buckwheat honey is bold and spicy-great for marinades.
- Clover honey is light, sweet and flowery-your traditional honey.
- Coffee honey is dark in color and rich in flavor.
- Eucalyptus honey is distinctive with menthol undertones-often used in tea.
- Fireweed honey has a bit of a creamy texture that works nicely for grilling or glazing meats.
- Heather honey is pronounced with an almost bitter taste that works well in baking.
- Linden honey is mild and clean-also used in tea.
- Macadamia Nut honey has a floral aroma with a sweet and nutty flavor.
- Orange Blossom honey has a citrusy aroma, mild taste.
- Palmetto honey is delicate and sweet.
- Sage honey is distinctive, mild and sweet.
- Sourwood honey is sweet and buttery-excellent on any kind of bread.
- Tupelo honey is very sweet, but well balanced.
- Wildflower honey is light, fruity and complex in flavor.
Maine Honey Producers and Apiaries:
Massachusetts Honey Producers and Apiaries:
Carlisle Honey in Carlisle, MA.
Merrimack Valley Apiaries in Billerica, MA
Honeymark International in Boston, MA
New England Honey in North Brookfield, MA
Honey Bees-R-Us Apiaries in Palmer, MA
Warm Colors Apiary in South Deerfield, MA
Rhode Island Honey Producers and Apiares:
Aquidneck Honey in Portsmouth, RI
Vermont Honey Producers and Apiaries:
Champlain Valley Apiaries in Middlebury, VT
Honey Gardens Apiaries in Ferrisburg, VT
Honey Health and Beauty:
Since ancient times, honey has been used for medicinal purposes. The Egyptians used it to dress wounds and as an embalming fluid for the dead. Today, honey is still used as a holistic approach to medicine to treat wounds and suppress coughs. Some also believe that honey can also be used to treat allergies and sleep disorders. In addition, honey is chuck full of vitamins, minerals and amino acids that make for great beauty aides.
Try some of these homemade recipes:
- Honey Facial Scrub: Ground almonds mixed with honey
- Honey Facial Firming Mask: Whisk 1Tbs of honey, with egg white and add 1 tsp glycerin, 1/4 cup flour-Apply and let sit 15minutes before rinsing off.
- Honey Facial Moisturizing Mask: 2Tbs honey and 2tsp milk-Apply and let sit 15minutes before rinsing off.
- Honey Intense Moisturizer for Dry Patches: Combine 1tsp honey, 1tsp olive oil and 1/2tsp lemon juice-Apply to hands, elbows, knees, feet and let sit 15minutes before rinsing off.
- Honey for Chapped Lips, Acne, Cuts, Scrapes and Burns-Apply directly.
- Honey for Shiny Hair: Mix 1tsp of honey with 4 cups of water-Apply to hair and rinse. If you have blond hair, try adding some pure lemon juice.
- Honey Antibacterial Mouthwash and Denture Cleaner: Mix 1Tbs honey into 1 cup of water
Let us help promote your business with a story ABOUT YOU! For more information, visit our Advertising and Promotions page. To stay up to date on our latest stories and information around New England, visit our home page at www.allthingsnewengland.com, follow us on Twitter or become a fan on our Facebook page. Thanks for reading!
|< Prev||Next >|